Leaderboard
728x15

Happy Valentines Day

Large Rectangle

A few nice facts about animals images I found:


Happy Valentines Day
facts about animals
Image by Ron,Ron,Ron
Back in the 90's, I worked at an advertising company in downtown St Louis. This company had leased some rooms for storage in the basement of an adjoining building. One of the rooms held props and objects from old TV commercials and print ads. For whatever reason, the decision was made to clear these rooms and I was fortunate enough to be part of the group chosen to remove and discard these items.

After management had gone through the contents and retrieved what was to be kept, we were to throw everything else away. A lot of what was left in that room, was not thrown away, and in fact, we all found items worth keeping.

Among the items I rescued, was this piece of original art from an old South Western Bell print ad campaign. This features a mounted police using a "mobile phone" to call his sweetheart. No doubt, mobile phones have come a very long way since then, but Valentines Day is timeless.

The size of this painting is about 20 by 30 inches or so.



Retirement with No Problem 17 of 20
facts about animals
Image by johngarghan
Photo 17 – I think its Lucy and Meg or is it Meg and Lucy

For about 3 years I have been a follower of the blog “Retirement with No Problem”
noproblem.org.uk/blog/ The internet diary of a couple Vic and Sue, who retired from the family business to live on a traveling narrow boat “No Problem”, they move each day along the canals of England. Sue originally began the blog so that the family back home in Portsmouth would be able to follow them and now its well read by other boaters because it keeps up to date with anything from the location for the best fuel prices, signs of damage to the canal or near by facilities and a detailed review of the visited pubs food and drink.

Reading the blog I found that they are travelling through the Birmingham area over the weekend, I wanted to find them and introduce myself but I knew it would be almost impossible because they move so quick and they could be anywhere on the city canal system, in fact I tried to find them last year without success. Last week Sue blogged that they are going through the 21 locks at Wolverhampton and I then knew I could find them along that stretch because it takes a few hours to navigate through a small area.

Banner