Leaderboard
728x15

Happy Tails: Winzig

Large Rectangle

Check out these animal pound images:


Happy Tails: Winzig
animal pound
Image by LollypopFarm
On December 23, we lost our amazing cat, Louie. My husband, being such the sweet person that he is, decided that if I wanted a new companion, he would do just that: get me a new little buddy to help me pass the time and cope with losing "my child."

When we adopted "Fabio" we decided that Fabio wasn't fitting, but rather Winzig ("tiny" in German). We decided on Winzig cause he was just over two pounds when we got him and everything about him was just tiny and so cute. He has been the sweetest, most adorable hyperactive little cat I have EVER seen! He's into EVERYTHING -- if it's not attached to the floor, he's playing with it, no matter the size.

After having him in our house for 5 minutes, he was already showing us his belly and running rampant through our place getting into things he shouldn't be into. It was like he had been there for months. He made himself very comfortable very quickly.

But not only is he the perfect kitten for our family, he's been the best help with keeping our minds occupied and not feeling down in the dumps over losing our old cat Louie. I will soon have Louie's paw print tattooed with his ashes on my arm -- that's how important he was to me. But Winzig is so important to both myself and my husband now. He's the most unique cat I have EVER been in contact with.

Not only is he unique, but he's strange as well. He loves to sleep on his back sprawled across the couch or snuggled up to me -- he's become my little shadow and buddy. Winzig likes to run full speed into things such as the wall, chair legs, and the bathtub. (He fell in once when I was in there!) He loves to attack your feet and legs when you walk past him, and he thinks it's fun when he's sleeping to sneak up on you and smack you in the face -- no claws though, only the little pads smacking your forehead.

So don't let the cute face fool you; he's a little monster. My little monster.

~~~~ Small Kitty Bio ~~~~
Winzig
Grey and White DSH
5 1/2 months old
born Sept 27, 2010
6lbs. 10oz.
Favorite toy: Feet, His Tail, anything that moves or isn't attached to the floor.
nicknames: tiny cat, mow-mows, tiny mows, Winzy, little fatty, dummy
VERY hyperactive and VERY lovable

-Amber O.


Happy Tails: Cleo
animal pound
Image by LollypopFarm
Hello,

I wanted to share the Happy Tail of Cleo's adoption with you. I adopted Cleo in June 2012 during a very dark period of my life. I had just moved back to Rochester and, in the chaos of the move, my not-quite-2-year-old Tortie, Sable, (also a Lollypop kitty) had escaped through an open window. "Heartbroken" cannot begin to describe my despair. I fell in a deep depression, spending every waking moment searching my new apartment complex for my missing Sable. Finally, my family convinced me that I needed to move on.

I looked at four kittens before the incredibly patient shelter volunteer brought in Cleo. She was tiny, just over two pounds, and the moment she spied the teaser I dangled on the adoption screening room floor, she catapulted her tiny body towards me, attacking the feathers with teeny teeth. She had the most unique fur I had ever felt on a cat--downy and so fluffy, like a baby chick or a bunny. Best of all, I thought, she was Sable's physical antithesis: white to Sable's black, and with enough baby energy to keep me fully engaged.

Not two weeks after I got Cleo home (once my petrifying fear that I would accidentally squash her by rolling over in my sleep finally wore off), I received a phone call. A woman had seen my "missing cat" posters. She had found Sable. She was down a third of her weight, desperately ill with a respiratory disease that necessitated a month of antibiotics, and had been missing 33 days--but she was alive.

I was so worried about having two cats--let alone one as tiny and rambunctious as Cleo. But these two are made for each other. They curl around each other like a YinYang symbol, grooming each other's heads and tails as extensions of their own. They chase each other through my tiny apartment and stampede together onto my bed, eagerly chirping for food each morning (For some reason, neither of them meow, but they both make a variety of chirps and "mrr" noises!) They happily share a litterbox and food station, and an entire basket of toys they both love to fetch! Once in awhile, Sable has to smack her little sister (who is now, at 9 months, just as big as her) down and remind her who's in charge, but they love each other. I am so grateful to Lollypop for my two furbabies!

Ashley Y.


This is our baby tortiose that we donated to Marine World Africa USA. He loves his new home and new friends. Freddie is on the right.
animal pound
Image by diana_dee_sophia
His new friend weights 200+ pounds and Freddie was about 70lbs. when we donated him back in the Winter of 2006. He loves his new exhibit.

Banner